Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hot dog!


I can always count on my friend who I call Badger to get weird with me, and she's done it again with this hot dog video for your enjoyment. And silly me, I thought I was going to post some Led Zeppelin vid for you today. But when life gives you pink slime, you make hot dogs! 

Instead of hot dogs, we had a hippie-style sushi night. Check it out!

the goods:
sushi
* thinly slice veggies and line nori sheets with hummus and veggies and roll 'er up
* slice
note: with the left over ends of the nori we made nigiri by making a ball of rice, topping with a couple veggie slices and wrapping the nori around the center. 
nutty seedy sauce
* mix up tahnini, peanut butter, curry paste, lemon juice, water and a bit of oil if you like

daikon radish salad
* thinly slice daikons into half moons
* make carrot threads
* mix in ginger, lemon juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil and tamari
* toss all ingredients and sprinkle with sesame seeds

note: we added homemade pickles--so good!

sweet aubergine
* mix tamari with ginger, oil and a bit of water
* dip thinly sliced eggplant in sauce and line baking sheet
* bake at 200C/350F for 30-45 minutes

rice is nice--I served with rice for others and made a sesame oil, honey, tamari, ginger sauce to drizzle over

serve it all with wasabi, sriracha, tamari and whatever other saucy saucies you like!

desert










No comments:

Post a Comment