Thursday, May 16, 2013

Loveless's Love Locked Down

Kayne's West's Love Locked Down is playing in my head this morning. Probably because after 3.5 weeks away from my love it's getting a little annoying--whah, whah, whah. Well I don't have to cry about it too much longer since tomorrow is back to Copenhagen day!! Germany won't let me imbed this video either but if you click the link above and enter it here (in case your country also censors you), then you should be able to play it. Warren G's, Regulate is also in my head...
Throw Back Thursday
Yesterday I walked over the river (there's no river) and through the woods to campus instead of taking the train because the sun was blazing. On the way there, I realized I'd forgotten to bring any food so I just foraged a little salad of plantains, clover, dandelions and a newly discovered wild plant called Garlic Mustard and topped the salad off with a little balsamic and oil from the mensa (cafeteria). On the walk to campus my ankle, which I injured a year ago, was acting up so I decided to try stinging myself with nettles to see if it actually helps with inflammation. The ankle was stinging all day and then by night felt a bit numb, but this morning I'm good to go. I think I'll keep the nettle therapy up!
                                                                   Garlic Mustard                     
cheap-skate buffet
                                               stinging the cankle

Speaking of nettle's, my friend made Nettle Pancakes for dinner!
* mix (in a blender or food processor) nettles, chestnut flour, eggs (or soaked flaxseed meal)
* make a bunch of silver dollar pancakes 
* serve with wild garlic pesto or spread of your choice AND a great big salad!




No comments:

Post a Comment